Monday, August 16, 2010

{ pepperoni rolls }

 
it was a seven hour drive to west virginia
but there was plenty of conversation flowing and
background music to get us safely & enjoyably there...
upon arrival there were hugs and welcomes and
a late night walk down to the dock
to watch the meteors stream across the sky
it made me miss the stars but I got my fix...
morning greeted us with perfect glassy water
on cheat lake and sweet west virginia air...
we got the boat fired up and hit the water
speaking of hitting it I got up on the wakeboard
for the very first time and loved every second...
after plenty of lake time we took a little tennis break
and the scenic route up to coopers rock
then it was back to the lake for one last evening ride...
the malones treated us like royalty
and I loved spending time with some of my favorite DCers...
driving through the lincoln tunnel on the way home
I realized I missed out on a west virginia specialty, pepperoni rolls...
next time west virginia, next time.


No comments: