Thursday, July 31, 2008

{ the bucket list }


so...I finally watched "The Bucket List" the other night. You can't go wrong with Nicholson and Freeman although the movie wasn't as funny as I thought it would be. There was some laughter of course but it was much more sad than I thought it would be.

Instead of waiting until I'm 70+ to write my bucket list, I thought it was time I start writing. I feel like I'm going to be around for awhile so I think I've got a few good years left to get to all these things! When I started writing, I began with goals of mine - things I want to accomplish in life but the more I thought about it...I don't want to make a bucket list. I have no doubt that I will accomplish the things on my list because I like to believe that's what I am here for. I believe we all have a purpose in life and things we will accomplish before it's our time to move on. As I think about the movie and reflect on my own life, I truly have experienced many of the things on Freeman's list.

here's { the list } for those who haven't seen the move:

Witness something truly majestic
Help a complete stranger for a common good
Laugh till I cry
Drive a Shelby Mustang
Kiss the most beautiful girl in the world
Get a tattoo
Skydiving
See the pyramids
Get back in touch (previously "Hunt the big cat")
See Rome

although I have no desire to drive a Shelby Mustang (nor did I know what one looked like before seeing the film), or kiss the most beautiful girl in the world (hah!) I have experienced many truly majestic moments in my life and I have no doubt that there will be many more.

How did I get so lucky?

{ image found at we heart it }

No comments: