Saturday, July 26, 2008

{ man on wire }


I decided to accept a last minute offer last night to see Man on Wire. I didn't know anything about the film before last night...wow. The film was about Phillippe Petit, a wirewalker, whose dream in life was to walk on a wire strung between the twin towers (the tallest building at that time). Are you kidding me? He started off with Notre Dame...a bridge in Sidney and then pulled off the Twin Towers...and yes, he's still alive. I wasn't fortunate enough to be in New York before September 11th so I never got the change to see the Twin Towers but there is some good footage in the film. It was hard watching the film when they were talking about the building of the towers, how magnificent it was...then seeing Phillippe do his thing and knowing that they are no longer.

No comments: