Thursday, July 31, 2008

{ nyc half }


I finished my second half marathon last Sunday! Honestly, I did get that serious about it until a few weeks ago and when the time came, I honestly thought I was going to wimp out and walk when I needed to. Not this time. I don't know how but I ran the whole thing...felt amazing (well besides a few to-be-expected aches & pains)...and I cut 25 minutes off my time from my first half. Not bad for a "social runner" as I like to refer to myself as. I was worried about the weather being too hot & too muggy but it really was quite perfect. My favorite moment of the race was coming out of the park after 7 + miles and running straight down 7th ave. It couldn't have been more perfect! I'm usually not a fan of 7th in Midtown but the streets were clear and filled with nothing but runners and the bright colored blue & yellow sponges they gave us to cool off! I wish I could have taken a picture but that moment will just have to remain in my memory for now. It was the perfect day & I was quite proud of myself. Now on to the next race...

No comments: