Wednesday, February 25, 2009

{ moving up }


it's official...I'm moving up in the world.

After 3+ years of sleeping in a twin I couldn't handle it anymore and thanks to my extremely talented friend Sarah, I upgraded to a full.

Sarah only lives a few long blocks from me but everyone I called wanted to charge me $100+ just to move the bed that far.

Since being thrifty is sexy these days, I decided we would just move it ourselves, NYC style.

I grabbed a few friends & a skateboard and off we went...

It really wasn't bad.

Two of us carried the mattress on our heads and the box frame went on the skateboard.

...the things we do to move up in the world!

Funny thing is a homeless man looked at me carrying the mattress on my head and started laughing at me.

I should have taken pictures but I was sick and forgot.

I'm sure there will be a next time.

People are always moving things here.

When I was living on the east side, we bought a storage bench off craigslist not too far from our place and had to carry it home. Someone stopped us on the street and asked us if it was a casket for a child. Seriously?!?

Only in NYC...

{ image found via tangerine tea party }

No comments: