Thursday, April 16, 2009

{ rockers }


In college it was pretty much known by all that I would only date rockstars...well any cute guy that could play the guitar would usually make the cut. Fast forward to California and although I said I was over my rockstar days, I couldn't help myself. Put 10 guys in fancy suits and I'd pick the creative one that made no more than $35K. Seriously. It's a talent I have if you want to call it that. My friend Speck will attest.

I have to say though that I think NYC has finally broken me of my "habit." I was at a concert the other night and the whole time I couldn't help but think of how OVER I am of rockstars. Don't get me wrong. Pete Yorn is still hot, and I still melt when I hear a good love ballad but guys with real jobs are more my style.

Walk down Park Avenue at lunch time and I think you'll be convinced that you prefer the man in the real suit.

It's about time that I'm the one who plays guitar in the relationship.

{ image found via music is art }

No comments: