Monday, April 27, 2009

{ morning scream }


There are over 8 million people in NYC and some of those millions are homeless.

I'm usually nice to everyone, even when they smell from not having showered for weeks but after this morning I might keep my distance for awhile.

I woke up to go on my favorite run in Riverside Park and always finish by running up the stairs to Riverside Drive. I noticed a homeless man standing near the top so I decided to run on the other side as I usually cruise pretty fast (I only sprint when I know my run is going to be over! lol). He was quiet, and just kept to himself until I got closer and right as I was passing him he turned and started SCREAMING at me. I was moving so fast it didn't freak me out until after I had past him but his voice stayed with me for hours.

Some screamers are nice, like the man who regularly yells "hallelujah" from our street corner. He makes me happy but the scary in my face random scream from this morning, I can live without.

The joys of living in NYC...

No comments: