Thursday, July 7, 2011

{ coming to america }


I had everything I could have ever wished for this year on the Fourth of July...
well, except for fireworks but I don't think there's anything else that I missed.
country music and friends and the pool and fruit salad and whiffle ball and brunch and bikes and baseball and corn on the cob, a BBQ and a cute crab shack on the river and traffic and heat and flags and pancakes and ice cream and sparklers and the real deal washington DC monuments...it felt so good to be in America.
I was in Australia once for the Fourth and they had a Yankee Day celebration complete
with fried chicken, corn on the cob and apple pie...it was a lovely night but nothing feels better than
being home, seeing the stars & stripes that I love and listening to Lee Greenwood on the radio.

No comments: