Tuesday, October 13, 2009

{ the big 4 }

I just finished celebrating my FOUR year anniversary in NYC.

great friends, great food (as always) and the perfect fall night.

Walking home after work, it smelled like fall outside and I couldn't have been happier.

There's nothing like fall in New York.

I still can't believe I've been here this long. For some four years may not seem like that big of a deal but for me, four years has a bit more significance. Four years in Hawaii. Four years in California. Four years in New York and four years in ???

New York? Maybe it's time to break my four year plan and stay put for awhile?

I love NYC more than ever right now.

Really, where do you go after NYC?

NYC has been good to me. After 3 months on a couch in Jersey, and a year and a half sharing a room on the east side, I finally made my way back west. Well, the upper west side and I rather like it here. I can't imagine being anywhere else right now.

I spent hours in the park this weekend with HI and CA friends and it couldn't have been more perfect. The perfect setting with perfect people that have known me longer than most and they all agreed how well NYC and I get along. I love being with old friends in new places and despite different surroundings, things are still so very much the same. One of the greatest things in life to me, is friendships that last no matter how much distance or time separates us.

So NYC, thank you for 4 great years and here's to another...

1 comment:

aubrey said...

aw i love you!