Monday, May 11, 2009

{ mamacita! }


mom flew out to NYC for the perfect Mother's Day weekend...(minus the hair piece!)

FRIDAY night started with the nyc ballet...the four temperments, la stravanga and chaconne. 
I'd been a few times but nothing compared to this. I've been to the Nutcracker, Midsummers Nights Dream and other more theatrical performances, which were brilliant but this ballet was much more my style. 
 Just a simple backdrop and the dancers. I have to admit I was even moved to tears on a few of the jumps. 
 I definitely need to attend more often!









SATURDAY morning was spent making cupcakes for that evening's joint birthday party, then we ventured up to the Cloisters in Ft. Tryon Park. It was quite a hike up there but I'm so glad we made the trek. Definitely go if you've never been! Then it was party time...the perfect night for a rooftop party.






SUNDAY started off with a delicious brunch...jalapeno & feta frittata and buckwheat pancakes with berries and whipped cream...yum! Then church and a gorgeous bike ride through central park.

At the end of her trip, she even gave me her heart...literally!
 A cute mini gold heart necklace that she'd been wearing all weekend.

THANKS mom!

No comments: