Sunday, January 3, 2010

{ italia uno! }

brig and I were gchatting about travels and it dawned on me that I hadn't finished my ITALY post...he told me I need to show Italy that I loved it...so ITALY, here you go...

I love you and miss you
and I promise I'll be back to see you SOON!

day
I
rome
The trip started off right....after a smooth flight, we ran into Clinton at the airport...perfect timing. We were a bit jet lagged and in need of a shower but we made it through the day sans-nap time...and braved the nasty Roman heat! It was hot and dusty but we didn't let that stop us. We toured the FORUM, COLLISSEUM (ran into my friends little sister...such a small small world...hours before I was wondering who I would run into), PALENTINE HILL and spent the rest of the afternoon wandering around TRASTAVERE. We found the greatest little quaint spot on a side street for an early dinner. It's so much better to wander and find the perfect spot instead of jumping at the first place we saw, like everyone else. After dinner we took the usual picture at the famed TREVI FOUNTAIN and went to see what the talk was about the SPANISH STEPS. They are beautiful but nothing special. It's always so funny to me how certain places get such mystic. Mostly from someone saying they were cool and then everyone had to go and follow suit. Sometimes I wish people
would stop listening to each other and find their own loves.

No comments: